24 June, 2008

what is blog meant for you?

Everyone is so into blog especially uncle chan, uncle justin and the new blogger, auntie emily. Every little thing happened around us will be link us to blog. So it makes me start to wonder what is the purpose I blog. I had spend sometimes reading other people's blog, whereby I used to read blogs from people I knew only. There was plenty of blogs you can easily reach online.
There are people writing about what happened in their life; some wrote about their very creative thinking; some share their knowledge; so what about me? At first, what drives me to create this blog is the heart break from a friend. But it is crazy to keep on writing about how sad I am as nobody is going to care about it. I wish my blog would had made an impact to those that read it. Anyway if there are people who bother to read it then it is good enough.
Recently a lot of stuff came across my mind especially our mother Earth. A lot of people is still blur about what had happened to the Earth. The global temperature is rising day by day and natural disaster happened here and there. It is all resulted from the uncivilised acts of our ancestors. If we are not doing anything now, can you imagine what will happen to our future generations?
I couldn't say that I did a lot in protecting the Earth but at least I tried to do it. Once I told my friend to finish his plate of food as you can see there are people die of hunger. He replied, "Do you think it makes any different if I finish it? This would not help those victims get better." But one will not do that if he knows how precious is the food. More and more people is trying to raise awareness of the public as campaign like famine 30 is held every year (I wish I could participate but my gastric do not allow me to do it). Food is not something just to fill our stomach. Try to understand and study about it. From the process it is cultivated/raised, pluck/slaughter...until it is cooked, all required lots of care and effort.

vien's kebab with superb kdu bbq sauce

By the way I am glad that our kebab was finished within seconds and there was no wastage (in despite of the lamb was a bit overcooked). On the other hand, I am so excited with our next gan cheong kitchen with yikhoong-vien recipe.

APPETIZERS
  • Cold cucumber and yogurt soup
  • Grilled asparagus with bacon

MAIN COURSE

  • Fish and spinach lasagne
  • Cereal-crusted chicken with tangy pineapple sauce serve with herbed rice and broccoli almondine

8 comments:

Justin Lee said...

Fooyoh!WOw,you're becoming a pro blogger!We will just have to wait and see!LOLKeep up the good work

vivien said...

walao...u r so fast. i just updated for few minutes. haha... aiya i forget to put in the dessert. ice kachang and cendol. never mind. next post i will put in

ice kacang said...

haha.. both of u damn funny la.. eh, aunty next weel i ll go to try urs 1.. cos i love yr recipes.. look like very delicious. Expect ur food come out!!

vivien said...

u ah...let me c 1st la. i dun tink enough for u lea. u noe la my food so yummy. if u start wait at 7am maybe got chance to have half bite de

ice kacang said...

ahhhhchehhh...if like tat i don wan loh.. i go to eat y2k and siang siang de..haha.. Btw, i scare yr food tat day not fresh or cannot finish(bcos not nice), if u don mind i can go to try to eat de..haha

vivien said...

excuse me ah auntie. our whole group do 2 main course 2 starter ga. how can u eat things tat teo n yik hoong do wen v r from same group? u sure u wana eat ah? i min kiong giv u some lo

Anonymous said...

wah...u aso not bad lar...
talk about greenday and global warming those environmental issues...
very good ah!!!
I suppport u...jia you!!!

vivien said...

thanks for the comment jt. ur blog lagi geng lo. talk about life. i need to learn a lot from u